Spitting the Dummy

Decluttering Part Two

In a scene reminiscent of 'The Castle' Ian called out from the behind the classified section of last Saturday's paper, "ohhhh, wooden kung fu dummies with spring loaded arms".

Clearly he thought my life had been incomplete up until this point, and that I'd jump at the chance to get my hands on a pair of these 'must haves' for any happy home.

Resisting the urge to say "how much does he want for them" lest it be received as a serious continuation of the topic, I just muttered something about needing to unblock the sink and backed out of earshot.

Given that the man also came home with a fire stick and a plastic clock for Muslims with an alarm that shrieks an Islamic call to prayer (both free, lucky us) last week, I wasn't taking any chances with the dummies.

Strange collection habits aside, it's all working out well really - dare I say really well, and life will never be boring! (Coincidentally, or maybe not, I came across a "50 Ways to Unclutter Your Life" in another section of the same paper ..... straight to the pool room with that one.)

Next week I'll update on the new garden bed progress with pics of what we found when we started pulling the old render off the house. And I'll let you know if I had any luck with the four (count 'em..yes 4) coffee beans I've got soaking in a bowl of water at the moment. I put in about 8 trees three years ago and I'm going to have my first go at roasting my own beans. (By what I've read on forums, 8 trees should get me about 2 1/2 cups of brew a year, but you have to start somewhere!) Thought I'd experiment on a couple first .... now's the time to pick apparently. The DPI has a good info sheet on the whole thing. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe! I can totally imagine Ian dragging home the dummies... Oh you poor dear... I hate to say it, but I think your uncluttered life is going to get far more "stuff" in it :) - It's a Garland-boy thing!

"The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with."
Marty Feldman